Thursday, October 10, 2013

From the archives...


2 squirrel tails and a partridge in a pear tree

Posted Jan 4, 2011 9:10pm

Happy New Year!
Our boys spent the last week of their Christmas vacation with my aunt and uncle in St. Matthews. This is the infamous Uncle Roger...the man...the legend...the same one who has his grandchildren call him "Chief". As most of you know, life in the country is a bit different than life in the city. I worried about .04 seconds how my 2 city boys would fare in the wide open spaces, where there are animals way more interesting than the 2 labs we have and you can randomly shoot things without any good reason. Owen cried the day they left to come back home...translated as: I had the time of my life and now need to sleep for 48hrs straight to make up for it!
Our boys are talkers, especially the smallest of the small ones. But strangely, they didn't and haven't dumped their week's worth of activities on me...yet. I'm sure they were sworn to secrecy during their initiation into The He-Man Woman Hater's Club. I haven't pushed it, the information is slowly leaking out...all I know is they came home with 2 squirrel tails, along with the meat (which was cooked on an open fire) from the 3 they killed. We are also the proud owners of the feet of a bird that I am pretty sure is illegal to kill.  Just what am I supposed to do with 2 squirrel tails and freshly severed feet in my house?    
So Owen and I were in the bathroom Monday morning brushing our teeth, when he looks at me and asks: How come when you spit on a hurt spot the spit makes it feels better? What? Who told you that? Uncle Roger said...
Do I really want to know everything they did during their time in the country?

RQB

No comments:

Post a Comment